Saturday, July 4, 2009

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. . .”

For the past year or so, I felt God calling me to go to Africa. I didn’t want to go, plain and simple. I have felt called to the mission field since I was around fifteen years old. I have been to Mexico and I wanted to die there spreading the love of Christ. Africa was just too out of my comfort zone. It was unclear territory and I didn’t want to explore it. I was obeying God’s call on my life (missions) but yet it was on my own terms (location). What God soon taught me is that partial obedience is total disobedience. By not obeying His complete plan, I was disobeying my Lord and Savior and that broke my heart. Honestly though, I now have complete peace when I think about missions. God has etched foreign land in my heart and I can’t let go. The people in Africa and Mexico are always in the back of my mind. I don’t know the details or how it will all work together. I just know that it will because if God wants it to happen, it will.

Matthew 10:37-38: “Then saith he to his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous but the laborers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

No comments: